Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Junior Semester is Over

Well, just like the title says, I basically have an whole month of doing whatever I want. I'll probably be working on the end of my Torchlight mod, and possibly start getting serious about a mod in SC2. In the middle of all of that I'll also touch up my Unreal mod. Oh yeah, I'll probably go home for Christmas and hang out with the family as well. I'll also play some games too. Though it's not really in a sense of play, rather a "tear apart the game" while "playing" it.

More and more I notice that I wonder how the AI in the game detects the player, or even how they choose to respond to the player. There is also the curiosity of why the designer chooses to do the things they are doing in the game. I ask myself so many questions about these design choices and then I try to answer them to the best of my ability, so that when I have to make those decisions I'll have some idea as to what I'm talking about. I think this month off will be fun regardless of what I do since I'll be doing what I want to do and not be bogged down by classes that pull me in every which direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment