Friday, October 22, 2010

Prototype is coming soon!


We're preparing for our prototype milestone next week! It's only going to get more and more hectic as we get closer. There are so many things that need to get done for this milestone. We basically need to prove that we have all of the basic functionality in for the core game. What this means for our game is that our car needs to be able to boost, glide, and jump, oh ya, it needs to go extremely fast as well. Everything is truly aesthetics.

What this means for me specifically, is that I need to finish up the game design document(GDD) and I need to build a level for the game. It's going to have to be in boxes, rather than our road pieces, and this is due to the fact that our physics programmer is working on triangle collision, which is some pretty nasty stuff I might add. On the side, I also need to find sounds for our game, and we have someone who is actually creating a music track for us! This is awesome because now we don't have to make music, which would probably turn out horrible anyways if we were even to try. I've also been drawing up concepts for our modeler/graphics programmer to have an idea of what each obstacle should look like in the game. That's it for now, thanks for reading, and I'll keep you updated on anything new that comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment